How Does Fastpass Work at Disney World
How Does Fastpass Work at Disney World?
Disney World is known for its magical experiences and attractions, but it can also be crowded and overwhelming, especially during peak seasons. To help guests make the most of their visit and reduce wait times, Disney introduced the Fastpass system. Fastpass allows visitors to reserve access to select attractions, entertainment, and character meet and greets in advance. In this article, we will delve into how Fastpass works at Disney World and answer some commonly asked questions about the system.
Fastpass allows guests to skip long lines and enjoy their favorite attractions without the hassle of waiting. Here’s how it works:
1. Eligibility: Fastpass is available to all guests with a valid park ticket or annual pass.
2. Selection: Once you have purchased your ticket, you can start selecting Fastpass experiences. You can do this online via the My Disney Experience app or through Fastpass kiosks located throughout the parks.
3. Choices: Each guest can initially select up to three Fastpass experiences per day, in a single park. These selections can be made 30 days in advance for regular ticket holders and 60 days in advance for guests staying at a Disney World resort.
4. Time slots: Fastpass selections are assigned specific one-hour time slots. For example, if you choose to ride Space Mountain, your Fastpass might be valid from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM.
5. Availability: The availability of Fastpass experiences is limited, especially for popular attractions. It’s recommended to book your Fastpasses as early as possible to secure your preferred time slots.
6. Flexibility: Once you have used your initial three Fastpasses, you can book additional experiences, one at a time, subject to availability. You can do this at the Fastpass kiosks located throughout the park or via the My Disney Experience app.
7. Tap and Go: On the day of your Fastpass, head to the attraction during your designated time slot. Scan your MagicBand or park ticket at the Fastpass entrance, and you’ll be granted access to the shorter Fastpass queue.
8. Wait times: While Fastpass allows you to skip the regular line, there might still be a short wait depending on the popularity of the attraction.
Now, let’s address some frequently asked questions about Fastpass:
1. How much does Fastpass cost? Fastpass is included with the price of your park ticket, and there is no additional charge.
2. Can I use Fastpass for all attractions? Fastpass is available for select attractions, entertainment, and character meet and greets. Not all experiences offer Fastpass.
3. Can I change my Fastpass selections? Yes, you can modify or cancel your Fastpass selections at any time, subject to availability.
4. Can I book Fastpasses for multiple parks? Initially, you can only select Fastpasses for one park per day. However, after using your initial three Fastpasses, you can book additional ones in another park, if available.
5. Can I transfer my Fastpass to someone else? Fastpasses are non-transferable and can only be used by the person it was originally booked for.
6. Can I use Fastpass during Extra Magic Hours? Yes, Fastpass is valid during Extra Magic Hours, which are special hours offered to guests staying at a Disney World resort.
7. Can I book Fastpasses for shows and parades? Fastpass is primarily available for attractions, but some shows and parades may offer a Fastpass option for preferred seating.
8. Can I ride an attraction more than once with a Fastpass? Once you have used your Fastpass for a particular attraction, you cannot use it again for the same attraction on the same day.
9. Can I get Fastpasses for all members of my group at the same time? Yes, you can book Fastpasses for all members of your group together, as long as they have valid park tickets.
10. Can I book Fastpasses for popular attractions? Fastpasses for popular attractions tend to run out quickly, so it’s recommended to book them as early as possible, especially if you have a specific ride in mind.
11. Can I use Fastpass for fireworks and nighttime shows? Fastpass is not available for fireworks and nighttime shows, but you can secure a good spot by arriving early.
Fastpass is a fantastic tool that helps Disney World guests make the most of their visit while reducing wait times. By understanding how it works and following the tips provided, you can maximize your magical experience at Disney World.