What Character Meals Are Open at Disney World
What Character Meals Are Open at Disney World: A Magical Dining Experience
Disney World is not just about thrilling rides and enchanting attractions; it is also known for its exceptional dining experiences. One of the most popular dining options at Disney World is character meals, where guests can dine with their favorite Disney characters. These meals provide an opportunity for children and adults alike to meet and interact with beloved characters while enjoying a delicious meal. If you’re planning a trip to Disney World and want to make the most of your dining experience, here is a guide to the character meals currently open at Disney World.
1. Chef Mickey’s (Contemporary Resort): This iconic buffet-style restaurant is home to the Fab Five characters, including Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, and Pluto.
2. Cinderella’s Royal Table (Magic Kingdom): Dine in Cinderella’s castle and meet Disney princesses such as Cinderella, Ariel, Snow White, and more.
3. Garden Grill Restaurant (Epcot): Enjoy a family-style meal with Chip ‘n’ Dale and other Disney friends while the restaurant rotates for a panoramic view of the Living with the Land attraction.
4. Hollywood & Vine (Hollywood Studios): Join Disney Junior characters like Doc McStuffins, Vampirina, and more for breakfast and lunch, while Minnie Mouse and friends host dinner.
5. Tusker House Restaurant (Animal Kingdom): Feast on African-inspired cuisine while meeting Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Mickey Mouse, and Goofy, all dressed in safari attire.
6. 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian Resort): This buffet-style restaurant hosts Cinderella, Prince Charming, and other characters during breakfast and dinner.
7. ‘Ohana (Polynesian Village Resort): Enjoy a family-style breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, Mickey Mouse, and Pluto.
8. Storybook Dining at Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge): Meet Snow White, Dopey, and Grumpy while dining in an enchanted forest setting.
9. Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera (Riviera Resort): Start your day with a delightful breakfast accompanied by Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, and Daisy Duck, all dressed in stylish Riviera outfits.
10. Ravello (Four Seasons Resort Orlando): Indulge in a sumptuous buffet breakfast with Goofy and his pals, including Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and Pluto.
11. Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast (Boardwalk Inn): Enjoy a breakfast experience with Ariel, Prince Eric, Rapunzel, and Flynn Rider.
FAQs about Character Meals at Disney World:
1. How can I make reservations for character meals?
Reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance through the Disney World website or by calling Disney Dining.
2. Are character meals included in my park ticket?
No, character meals are not included in park tickets and require a separate reservation and payment.
3. Can I meet all the characters during a character meal?
While character meals offer the opportunity to meet multiple characters, the specific characters present may vary.
4. How much do character meals cost?
Character meal prices vary depending on the restaurant and mealtime. Prices can range from $30 to $70 per adult and $18 to $40 per child.
5. Are character meals only for children?
Character meals are enjoyed by guests of all ages, and there is no age limit to participate.
6. Are character meals available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?
Character meals are available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, depending on the restaurant.
7. Can I use dining plans for character meals?
Yes, some character meals accept Disney dining plans, but it is advisable to confirm while making your reservation.
8. Can I meet characters without dining at a character meal?
Yes, characters can be found throughout the parks for meet-and-greet experiences. However, character meals offer the convenience of meeting multiple characters in a relaxed dining setting.
9. How long do character meals usually last?
Character meals generally last around 60 to 90 minutes, allowing ample time to meet characters and enjoy your meal.
10. Can I take pictures with the characters during a character meal?
Absolutely! Disney PhotoPass photographers are present during character meals to capture those special moments.
11. Is it necessary to tip at character meals?
Gratuities are not included in the meal price, so it is customary to leave a tip for the servers, just as you would at any other dining establishment.
Character meals at Disney World offer a magical dining experience that combines delicious food with unforgettable character interactions. Whether you’re a Disney fan or visiting for the first time, these character meals are sure to create lasting memories. Make your reservations early, bring your appetite, and get ready to dine with your favorite Disney characters.